Who is Greater?


Once there was a pen and a sheet of paper. They were boasting about themselves as to know who was greater between them.

“You are short and small compared to me,” said the paper.

“I can make you messy!” retorted the pen.

The paper was silent for a moment and then said to the pen, “I wish you would be broken ! and people need me every day to write on”.

“They need me too as I’m an essential item in daily life,” said the pen.

The paper was silent again for a moment and then said to the pen, “People used to carry me with much care. They will keep me in their own hands.”

“They will keep me on the upper pocket which is very near to heart. It tells how important for them” said the pen.

Pen and Paper were boasting like this for a while and suddenly they realized that they were made to go together. They both acknowledged that they are both as good as each other. Their life would be meaningless without the other one. Realising this, they shook hands with each other and became best friends.


 Friends, this is a simple story with a deep meaning in it. We too in our lives try to boast about ourselves that we are better than others. But in reality we all are dependent in some way on one another. Let us not brag and boast but live in humility with others.

Paul Joshua

I am Paul Joshua working as a Technical Writer. I love writing small stories which inspires me and an inspiration to many. This is the blog which have many of them which definitely inspires you. Happy Reading Fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment