The Triple Filter Test

In ancient Greece, there lived a great philosopher who had immense knowledge and can reason so many things very easily. One day his friend came to him and said, “Do you know what I heard about your friend?”


He stopped his friend and said, “Before you tell about my friend, let me apply triple filter test. If any answer is YES, then you can tell about my friend.”

Question 1: Did you know the exactly what you are telling about?

Answer: No, I just heard about it.

So you don’t know the reality. No problem, still two to go. Let me try the second filter now.

Question 2: Is what you are about to tell is something related good about my friend?

Answer: No, it’s exact opposite.

So you don’t know the reality and getting ready to tell bad about my friend. No problem, still one to go. Let me try my last filter now.

Question 3: Is what you are about to tell is something useful to me?

Answer: No, not really.

So the great philosopher concluded like this. If you want to tell about my friend which is neither true, nor good nor even useful, then why should I hear it from you?

The person who implemented this triple filter is none other than the famous philosopher ever lived on this earth, SOCRATES.

Paul Joshua

I am Paul Joshua working as a Technical Writer. I love writing small stories which inspires me and an inspiration to many. This is the blog which have many of them which definitely inspires you. Happy Reading Fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment