A Small Gesture


Mark is a school going boy. While he is going home, he noticed one boy lost the grip and all his belongings felt down. Mark knelt down and helped him in picking those things. Since Mark is also going on the same way, he took some of his things to carry. As they are walking and talking, Mark came to know his name is Bill and Bill likes playing video games, baseball. He is poor in studies and also going through so many problems in life. In the meantime, they both reached Bill’s home. Bill invited Mark for a cup of tea, which he accepted and went inside. They both spent the whole day talking and sharing their interests. In the evening, Mark went to his home. Daily in school they used to meet and had lunch together. They became close friends and they completed their studies in the same university. It was the day of farewell, Bill asked Mark to give some time for him to spend with him.



They went to a lonely place. Bill started remembering the first meet in the school. He asked Mark, “Did you ever got a thought why I was carrying so many things on that day?” Mark said, “NO”. Then Bill continued to say, he came out of the hostel and carrying his entire luggage to my home to commit suicide. I also stored few sleeping pills of mom for the suicide. But that day we spent time in talking and laughing up to evening, which helps me realized that if I commit suicide I would have missed that time and also these many years of great friendship. On that day, you not only picked up my books but also my life. They both hugged each other and continued their friendship till the last breath.  

Paul Joshua

I am Paul Joshua working as a Technical Writer. I love writing small stories which inspires me and an inspiration to many. This is the blog which have many of them which definitely inspires you. Happy Reading Fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment