Puppies for Sale

A store owner kept a board to his shop that read. “Puppies for sale.” He wants to attract the small children with that board. His plot was worked out and a small boy came to the shop to buy puppies. He enquired about the cost of the puppies. The owner said, “It varies from $30 to $50.”

The little boy kept his hand into his pocket and pulled out the money he had. “I have $2.37, can I have a look at them,” he said.


The store owner smiled and whistled and 4 puppies came running to him very fast. After few seconds, one more puppy joined the group. The small boy asked the store owner, “What’s wrong with that little one?” The owner explained that the veterinarian examined and had discovered that the puppy had a hip socket. It can’t walk properly throughout his life.


By hearing that, the little boy became excited and said, “I want to buy that limp puppy.” But the owner said, “If you really want that limp puppy, then you can take it for free of cost.”

The little boy’s face became red and he pointed his finger towards the owner and said, “I don’t want it for free of cost. That little dog is worth every bit as much as all the other dogs. I will pay $2.37 now and within a month I will pay the remaining $48.”

The store owner again said that “I suggest you not to buy this limp puppy. He is never going to run, jump and play with you like the other puppies.”

To his surprise, the little boy rolled up his pant and revealed his badly twisted crippled leg supported by a big metal brace. He looked up at the store owner and softly replied, “Well, I too don’t run because of my crippled leg and the little puppy should need someone who understands and love as he is.” 

All we need is someone who understands and loves as we are.


Paul Joshua

I am Paul Joshua working as a Technical Writer. I love writing small stories which inspires me and an inspiration to many. This is the blog which have many of them which definitely inspires you. Happy Reading Fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment