Good Manners

An Indian went to Japan. He is travelling in the train; as usual, he kept his feet on the opposite seat which is vacant.
An elderly man came to him, took his feet on his lap and sat on the seat. The Indian was dazed by his behavior.
He asked the gentleman “Sir, you are sitting there and why you came here kept my feet on your lap and sit?”
The Japanese man answered, “Mister when I saw you keeping your legs on another seat, I was very angry with you. You are misusing public property. At the same time, you are from another country. So you are my guest. I cannot insult you in public. So in order to save our public property and not to cause inconvenience to a guest, I took your feet onto my lap.”
The explanation was just like a slap in his face. So the Indian felt ashamed of his behavior.
The Japanese man continued, “We treat the government property as our own as these are manufactured by our taxes. We respect the facilities and keep as clean as possible. If you make this as your habit then you don’t have to be insulted like this when you visit other countries.”
The Indian guy left the place with a great lesson and a great respect towards public property. of course, good manners too.

Paul Joshua

I am Paul Joshua working as a Technical Writer. I love writing small stories which inspires me and an inspiration to many. This is the blog which have many of them which definitely inspires you. Happy Reading Fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment