Birbal Outwits Thief

A farmer and a rich man went to Akbar’s court with a complaint.
The farmer said, “Your Majesty, I bought a well from the rich man and now he is asking me to pay for the water which is in the well.”
“That’s right, Your Majesty, I sold only well but not the water in the well,” said the rich man.
Akbar was confused and handed over the dispute to Birbal.
"Didn't you say that you sold your well to this farmer?" Birbal asked the rich man.
The rich man said, “Yes! Only the well but not the water”.
"So, the well belongs to him now, but you have kept your water in his well. Is that right? Well, in that case, you will have two options to choose. Either you have to pay him a rent or take your water out at once."
The rich man realized that he was outwitted. He quickly apologized and gave up his claim.

Paul Joshua

I am Paul Joshua working as a Technical Writer. I love writing small stories which inspires me and an inspiration to many. This is the blog which have many of them which definitely inspires you. Happy Reading Fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment