Difference between Truth & False

One day King Akbar wants to test his courtiers. So he asked them to tell the difference between true and false in three or fewer words.
No one responded to it. Then Akbar asked Birbal, “What about you, Birbal? I am so surprised even you too are silent.”
“I am silent only because I thought of giving a chance to our courtiers, Majesty,” said Birbal.
“Everyone is silent, so go ahead and tell me the difference between truth and false in three or fewer words,” said the emperor.
"Four fingers," said Birbal
"Four fingers?" asked the emperor, perplexed.
"That's the difference between truth and falsehood, your Majesty," said Birbal. "That which you see with your own eyes is the truth. That which you have only heard about might not be true. More often than not, it's likely to be false."
"That is right," said Akbar. "But what did you mean by saying the difference is four fingers?'
"The distance between one's eyes and one's ears is the width of four fingers, Your Majesty," said Birbal.
King Akbar was delighted by the answer and gave him an award.

Paul Joshua

I am Paul Joshua working as a Technical Writer. I love writing small stories which inspires me and an inspiration to many. This is the blog which have many of them which definitely inspires you. Happy Reading Fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment