A Pound of Butter

Once there lived a man who owns a bakery. Daily he used to give one pound loaf of bread to a farmer; in return, the farmer gives one pound of butter. One day, the baker decided to weigh the butter and found it is less than a pound. He was so angry and filed a case against the farmer with a fine of $300. The judgement day came; baker and farmer came to court.
Judge: Farmer, are you using any measuring instrument to measure the butter?
Farmer: Sir, I am so poor that I don’t have anything to measure. But I have a scale to measure.
Judge: What is that scale?
Farmer: Daily, he used to give me one pound loaf of bread. I am giving the same amount of butter. His bread is my scale. If the weight of the bread is less than a pound then the butter weight will also be less than a pound.
The judge understood the plot planned by the baker and charged him with the same $300.

Paul Joshua

I am Paul Joshua working as a Technical Writer. I love writing small stories which inspires me and an inspiration to many. This is the blog which have many of them which definitely inspires you. Happy Reading Fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment