The Boy & the Apple tree


Long ago, there was a huge apple tree. A little boy used to play under the tree every day. He climbed to the top of the tree, ate the apples and took a nap under the tree shadow. He loved spending time with the tree and tree loved him a lot. Time went by, the little boy was grown up and stopped playing with the tree. The tree was eagerly waiting for him.

One day, he went to the tree sadly and sat under it. The tree asked him to play with him, but he refused because he is in need of money. Then the apple tree told him to pick all his apples and sell them. The boy was excited and grabbed all the apples and left happily. The boy never came back after he picked the apples and the tree was sad.

After many years, the small boy was turned into a man returned to the tree. The tree was excited and asked him to play with him. He replied, “I don’t have time to play now. I want a house to live.” The apple tree told him to chop off all his branches to build a house. The man cut all the branches of the tree and left happily. The man never came back since then. Again the tree was alone and sad.

After many years, he came to the tree again. The tree was super excited and asked him to play with him. “I am old now. I want to go for sailing for relaxation. Can you give me a boat?” said the man. The tree offered his trunk to build the boat. So the men cut the tree trunk and made a boat and went on.

Finally, after many years, the man came to the tree again. The tree was excited again by seeing him but said that “Sorry my boy, I don’t have anything to give you now. I am only left with my roots.” Then the man replied, “Even I don’t have teeth to eat and energy to work. Just I need a good place to rest on. Tree roots are the best place to lean and rest.” Then the tree happily accepted him with tears in his eyes and gave him the rest.


This is a story of everyone. The tree is like our parents. When we were young, we loved to play with them. But when we grow up, we leave them; only come to them when we need something or when we are in trouble. No matter what, parents will always be there and give everything they could just to make you happy.


Paul Joshua

I am Paul Joshua working as a Technical Writer. I love writing small stories which inspires me and an inspiration to many. This is the blog which have many of them which definitely inspires you. Happy Reading Fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment