Clean - In & Out


Once there lived a grandson along with his grandfather. He likes his grandfather a lot and tries to imitate him in everything. Every morning, grandfather used to sit on the dining table and read the holy book. So the grandson also started doing the same. One day grandson asked, “Grandpa! I tried to read the holy book just like you. But I’m not able to understand anything in it and also I am not able to remember what I read once I close the book. What good does reading the holy book do?”

The grandfather showed him a coal basket and told to his grandson, “Take the coal basket to the river and bring me a basket full of water.” The boy took the basket and went to the river. He filled the basket and started walking back to the home. As the coal basket has holes, the water started leaking from them. At the time the grandson reached home, the basket was empty. Grandfather again sent him back; this time grandson increased his speed in walking. So that, at least he can show some water in the basket. But he came with an empty basket again. Again grandfather sent him back; this time grandson started running after filling the basket with water. But the result is same.

Out of breath, he said, “See Grandpa, it’s useless. The basket cannot hold the water.” Then the grandfather said, “Look at the basket. When you took it for the first time, it was full of coal marks and dirt. Now it was cleansed inside and outside. My dear, this is what happens when you read the holy book. You might not understand or even remember everything, but when you start reading it, you will be changed in and out.”


So let us clean ourselves in and out.


Paul Joshua

I am Paul Joshua working as a Technical Writer. I love writing small stories which inspires me and an inspiration to many. This is the blog which have many of them which definitely inspires you. Happy Reading Fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment