Poor Man's Wealth

Ramesh and Suresh were the neighbours. Ramesh is a poor man and Suresh is a rich landlord.
Ramesh used to lead a happy and peaceful life. He never bothered to close the doors and windows at night. He also sleeps very peacefully. Although, he is poor, he is leading a peaceful life.
Suresh, who is the rich man always had a tensed face. His only fear is that anyone may come and rob his treasure. So he always closes the doors and windows at night. Still, he couldn’t sleep peacefully. He envied by seeing peaceful Ramesh.
One day, Suresh invited Ramesh to his home and gave one box full of money as a gift. He said, “I know you from last 25 years. We are neighbours and close friends too. So take this money and lead a prosperous life”.
Ramesh felt so happy and his day went on well. During the night, as usual, he slept outside. When he saw the money box, he went and closed the doors and windows. He is not getting sleep by seeing the money box. The whole night was disturbed.
In the early morning, Ramesh went to Suresh and returned the money box and said, “My friend, though I’m poor, I’m satisfied with what I have and was leading a peaceful life. But this box full of money took away the piece of me. So please kindly take back your money”.

Paul Joshua

I am Paul Joshua working as a Technical Writer. I love writing small stories which inspires me and an inspiration to many. This is the blog which have many of them which definitely inspires you. Happy Reading Fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment