Take care of your words

Once there lived an old man who was spreading rumours that his neighbour was a thief. As a result, the young neighbour was arrested and sent to prison. But the neighbour was proved innocent in the court and was released. After his release, the neighbour sued the old man for wrongly accusing him.
When the old man stood before the judge, he said, “What I told about my neighbour was just comments and it didn’t hurt anyone.” The wise judge told the old man to write all the things he told about the neighbour in a piece of paper. After writing, the judge told him to tear the paper into pieces and blow it. The old man did accordingly.
Then the judge said, “Before I tell my verdict, can you please collect all the paper pieces correctly?”
The old man said, “I can’t do it. The wind blew all the pieces and it is impossible to find all the pieces of paper.”
Then the wise judge said, “In the same way, small comments may destroy the honour of a man to an extent that one cannot fix it again. If you can’t speak well about someone, you better stay silent.” The old man recognized his mistake and said sorry to the young neighbour.

Paul Joshua

I am Paul Joshua working as a Technical Writer. I love writing small stories which inspires me and an inspiration to many. This is the blog which have many of them which definitely inspires you. Happy Reading Fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment