Story on Self-Confidence

Once there lived a business executive who was in deep debts. Out of depression, he sat on the park bench. Suddenly an old man came to him and said, “I can see that something is troubling you”. The executive told his story. Then the old man said, “I believe I can help you.” He asked the name of the executive and signed a check and kept in his hand saying, “Take this money and meet me after one year from today. You can pay me back on that day.”
When the old man left, he saw that the amount in the check is $500,000 and signed by John D. Rockefeller, then one of the richest men in the world. The executive left the park with a renewed vision. He started his work back and within three months he cleared all his debts. He earned nearly one million in the next nine months.
Exactly one year later, the executive went to the park to keep up his promise with the old man. He went daily and one day he saw the old man and ran towards him happily and about to share his success. Then a nurse came and said, “I’m so glad that you helped me in catching the old man. He’s always escaping from the rest home and telling people that he is John D. Rockefeller.” And she led the old man back to the rest home.
The young executive was dazed by the scene. All year long, he thought that he had half a million dollars back-up. Suddenly, he realised that it wasn’t the money that only turned his life around but also his newfound self-confidence that gave him the power to reach the heights.

Paul Joshua

I am Paul Joshua working as a Technical Writer. I love writing small stories which inspires me and an inspiration to many. This is the blog which have many of them which definitely inspires you. Happy Reading Fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment