A Helping Hand

One young man entered into a hospital. The nurse straight away guided him into a room where there was an old man who is suffering from heart attack. “Your son is here,” she whispered in the old man’s ear. As the patient was in great pain, without opening his eyes, he held his son’s hand tightly.


The nurse brought one chair to the young man to sit beside the patient. The whole night he sat and told so many comforting words by holding his hand. In the early morning, the old man died. The young man kept the lifeless hand on the bed and told the nurse that he is no more.

The nurse came and did what was necessary while the young man patiently waited. When the nurse finished her task, she began to console the young man by saying some sympathy words.

But the young man interrupted the nurse. “Who was that man?” He asked.

The startled nurse replied, “I thought he was your father.”

“No, he was not my father,” he answered. “I never saw him before in my life.”

“Then why didn’t you say anything when I took you to him?” asked the nurse.

He replied, “I also knew he needed his son, and his son just wasn’t here. When I realized he was too sick to tell whether or not I was his son, I knew how much he needed me.”


Paul Joshua

I am Paul Joshua working as a Technical Writer. I love writing small stories which inspires me and an inspiration to many. This is the blog which have many of them which definitely inspires you. Happy Reading Fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment