A Honest & Courageous Young Man

Once there lived an old King who decided to discharge his duties. Contrary to the custom, he didn’t choose the next King from his children or his relatives. He invited all the young men in the kingdom and told them that whoever wins in the test, he will be declared as the next King.
For the test, he gave a seed to every young man and told them to return back after one year. So all the young men in the kingdom started planting the seed in a pot. In the same way, a young man named George also planted his seed and watering it on a regular basis. His friends all were talking about the growth of the seed into a small plant, but George’s seed was still a seed.
One year completed and all the young men assembled in the King’s court. King ordered to keep all the pots in front and stand behind their pots. He started watching the pots and praising by seeing flowers, fruits of the plants. Suddenly he saw the pot of George and asked, “What happened to your seed?”
By seeing George’s pot, everyone started laughing. George said, “King, I watered it on a daily basis. I gave everything which should be provided to a seed to grow. But it didn’t grow. I want to be honest with you, so I brought my pot with the seed which you gave one year back.”
Then everyone thought that King will get angry. But the King declared George as the next King. Then he said, “One year back, I gave a cooked seed, which is unfit for growing. I tested your honesty and courage. Out of many, I found only one person who is honest and courage to tell the truth.” By saying his, King took off his crown and placed on George's head declaring him as the King.

Paul Joshua

I am Paul Joshua working as a Technical Writer. I love writing small stories which inspires me and an inspiration to many. This is the blog which have many of them which definitely inspires you. Happy Reading Fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment