Story on Half-Truth

Once there lived a sailor who was working for the same boat from three years. He never had a habit of consuming alcohol when he was in the boat. But, unfortunately, one night he took alcohol. The captain of the ship saw it and wrote it on the record, “The sailor was drunk tonight.”
The sailor read it and he knew that it will affect his career growth; started requesting the captain to add few more words which tell that it is the first time. But the captain refused and said, “What I have written in the record is truth”.
The next day, it was the sailor’s turn to fill in the record. He wrote, “The captain was sober tonight.”
The captain read it and requested the sailor to change or add the sentence as it is explaining that I’m drinking daily and only today I didn’t consume any alcohol. But the sailor refused and said, “What I have written in the record is truth”.
When we see above two sentences, there are no lies in either of the statements. But the both sentences were half-spoken truths.

Paul Joshua

I am Paul Joshua working as a Technical Writer. I love writing small stories which inspires me and an inspiration to many. This is the blog which have many of them which definitely inspires you. Happy Reading Fellas.

2 comments: