When Character meets Integrity

Two friends met after many years in a restaurant. They talked for much time and it became late. They came out of the restaurant and it was raining heavily. They tried so much to hire an auto rickshaw. Finally, one auto rickshaw stopped and called them to come in quickly.
They stopped at a small hotel to drink tea as it is very cold outside. They offered tea to the driver too. But the driver politely refused it. One of the friends forced the driver to have a tea but the driver refused it.
Finally, they reached the destination. Before paying the fare, one of the friends stopped the driver and said, “I really want to know why you refused to drink tea.”
The driver took a moment and said, “Sir, my son passed away this noon in an accident. I don’t have enough money for his funeral. So I decided not to eat or drink anything until I earn enough money to his funeral. Sorry Sir, please don’t misunderstand.” 

Both were shocked by the reply and offered extra money to the driver. But again, the driver gently refused and said, “Thank you sir, for your kind gesture. If I get two more rides, I will earn the money I need” and left the place.

Paul Joshua

I am Paul Joshua working as a Technical Writer. I love writing small stories which inspires me and an inspiration to many. This is the blog which have many of them which definitely inspires you. Happy Reading Fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment