Fitness Manthra


Some people are over weighted and some are under-weighted. So, some want to lose weight and some want to gain weight.  I know everyone will be in at least one section. Very few in this world thinks that they are in a good shape. In my 25 years of Life, first 24 years I tried myself to be in the second section doing so many things to put some weight. But from last one year, I didn’t do anything but started trying to lose some weight. Maybe most of you is in the same line or in the opposite line.
Everyday night I will sleep with a mind that I should do workouts tomorrow. I wanted to get into shape, to lose the fat, gain some muscle, and look more like film hero or gym trainers.  But as usual, I will wake-up late and I will rush to the job. Few android apps helped me to reduce some fat around my belly by doing exercises, but it didn’t last long as I wake up late. I changed my workouts every week as if that would solve my problem… it didn’t.
So I started dieting- cutting out the sweets and sodas, eating more meats, nuts and vegetables. Except I made exceptions for whenever I was eating out, which was often. Or whenever I felt too tired to eat home food, which was often. Ultimately, I ended up following my diet for only about half of my meal.  And again, my “diet” changed every few weeks.
So after a couple months of irregular dieting and half-hearted homework sessions, I hadn’t made any noticeable progress; my belly has been just as skinny as before.  I knew I needed to change, but my whole way of going about it just wasn’t working.
What I realized was that willpower alone wasn’t enough, and, in fact, was a pretty small part of the equation.  Motivation mattered, but I couldn’t depend on it- I needed ways to motivate myself, but also to ensure that I made the right choices even when I didn’t feel motivated.  What I developed systems were based on accountability, awareness, social pressure, and yes, even making fitness fun.
Here’s what I did.
I took “before” photos and worked towards my “after” photos to become as “before”. :p

Paul Joshua

I am Paul Joshua working as a Technical Writer. I love writing small stories which inspires me and an inspiration to many. This is the blog which have many of them which definitely inspires you. Happy Reading Fellas.

2 comments: